Toddler found wandering Florida highway wearing only dirty diaper, 'covered in bug bites:' police

Fox News | 6/25/2019 | Travis Fedschun
cyanbyte (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media2.foxnews.com/BrightCove/694940094001/2019/06/25/694940094001_6052038577001_6052033356001-vs.jpg

Deputies arrest the parents, who were found in their mobile home in a drug-induced coma, after their toddler was discovered wandering along a busy highway in Oak Hill.

A couple in Florida was arrested on Monday after their toddler was discovered alone, wearing only a dirty diaper along a busy highway, according to police.

Volusia - County - Sheriff - Office - Facebook

The Volusia County Sheriff's Office said on Facebook the incident happened around 10:30 a.m. in Oak Hill, located north of Titusville.

A woman reported she was traveling south on U.S. 1 when she noticed a toddler trying to cross the road in front of her. She said she stopped her vehicle to prevent any other cars from hitting him.

Woman - Erica - Strozier - FOX35 - Baby

"When I first saw him, he was looking confused," the woman, Erica Strozier, told FOX35 "The baby was just lost, diapers soiled all the way to the ground. Body covered in nothing but mosquito bites."

Strozier said when she was on the phone with police, she tried to keep the child from darting onto the roadway.

Baby - Calm - Baby

"I was trying to keep the baby calm and was like, 'Come here, sweetie,' and the baby came right up to me," she said.

The sheriff's office said when deputies arrived, a mail carrier had also stopped to help and was holding the 2-year-old boy who was "wearing only a dirty diaper with his arms covered in bug bites."

Police - Deputy - Trailer - Park - Child

According to police, a deputy went to a nearby trailer park and discovered the child's parents passed out "each apparently under the influence of drugs, frothing at the mouth and initially not responding to the sound of his voice."

When the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!