Driver of truck in Randolph crash returns to NH to face negligent homicide charges

WMUR | 6/25/2019 | Tim Callery
kimberly163 (Posted by) Level 3
The driver of a pickup truck that collided Friday night with a group of motorcyclists, killing seven people and injuring three others, has returned to New Hampshire to face negligent homicide charges.

Volodoymyr Zhukovskyy, 23, of West Springfield, Massachusetts, faced a judge Monday afternoon in Massachusetts and waived his extradition to New Hampshire. He is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in Coos County Superior Court in Lancaster, New Hampshire.

Grows - Site - Motorcycle - Crash

Memorial grows at site of fatal motorcycle crash

Prosecutors said Zhukovskyy was driving a 2016 Dodge pickup truck that crashed into a group of motorcyclists on Route 2 in Randolph. Seven people were killed, and three more were hurt.

Zhukovskyy - Home - Massachusetts - Fugitive - Justice

Zhukovskyy was arrested at his home in Massachusetts on a fugitive from justice charge that was dismissed Monday afternoon after he agreed to extradition to New Hampshire.

"This is a tragedy," defense attorney Donald Frank said. "This is a real tragedy for all of those families. I read the newspaper accounts. I don't know anything more about it than that, but he is still innocent until proven guilty. I hope that everyone respects that."

State - Agencies - Crash - Coos - County

Local, state and federal agencies are investigating the crash. Coos County Attorney John McCormick said there was enough evidence to bring charges against Zhukovskyy.

"We looked at the evidence carefully," McCormick said. "State troopers and investigators have been working around...
(Excerpt) Read more at: WMUR
Wake Up To Breaking News!