The Fruit of Wandering

(in)courage | 6/25/2019 | Staff
entengo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/06212019_Allen_WanderWell-1200x858.jpg

I don’t normally have a hard time making decisions, at least not when it comes to the big ones. I have all manner of thoughts, ideas, and convictions about those things. With me being a firstborn, super independent type, I’m good about knowing the direction I want my life to go in, but many times God has other ideas. I’m totally okay with that. His thoughts and ways are higher, right?

Right now, there is a vast chasm between where I am and where I want to be. This space of waiting can often feel like aimless wandering. I’ve been thinking about the Israelites and their time in the desert. Their journey out of Egypt was supposed to take eleven days — easy enough. But it ended up taking them forty years. I can’t even imagine. Generations died off and never saw God’s promise fulfilled, but why didn’t they?

God - Chosen - People - God - Turn

As God’s chosen people, they often didn’t remember who they were. God was faithful at every turn to rescue them, forgive them, and provide for them, and yet they repeatedly turned their backs on Him. They walked in an almost constant state of unbelief, disobedience, and complaining. This kept them wandering and aimless in both mind and body.

I am in a season of waiting and transition. I don’t know how long it will last, and I don’t fully know what is waiting on the other side. But I know God is there. God is also here with me in the right now, and He will be with me every step in between.

Lord - Gaze

I don’t want to miss what the Lord is doing in the present because my gaze is fixed on the not yet.

There is a way to wait and wander that will deepen intimacy with and trust in the Father, that brings Him...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: