iOS 13 public beta: The best things to try now that it's live

CNET | 6/24/2019 | Scott Stein
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/Qe8A1sFzlxS7S3cqjY5dih6Gj-A=/756x567/2019/06/21/9c4438e5-8b2a-4dd4-8bab-11599bf2819d/10-ios-13-beta.jpg

Look closely: that's Dark Mode.

How many more things can Apple add to a new version of iOS to make the iPhone better? This year's version, iOS 13, feels more like a big mix of features more than a cohesive revamp. In a year where Dark Mode is the most-touted part of iOS, you should know you're in for a lot of little things.

IPad - Story - IPadOS - Apple - Tablet

The iPad is another story: iPadOS is aiming to turn Apple's tablet into a better all-around computer. iPadOS has all of iOS 13's extras and more.

iPhone owners who are curious now that the beta is available to download, I say: don't install this on your main device. Not unless you want to suffer crashes and possible failures of key features. Public betas are experiments. Wait until the fall for ironed-out finishes.

Test - IPhone - XS - Lot - Things

But I've tried out iOS 13 on a test iPhone XS, and so far it has a lot to explore. Many things feel small. Some feel like hidden gems.

Apple's across-iOS implementation of Dark Mode means that white becomes black, shaded greys are everywhere and at night it'll be far easier on the eye. It feels way overdue, and now that it's here, it's reminiscent of what's already on the Apple Watch, but carried into iOS.

Dark - Mode - Shift - Way - Dark

Setting up Dark Mode's night-to-day shift, which is the best way to Dark Mode.

It can be turned on and off quickly from the swipe-down Control Center by pressing in on the Screen Brightness tool. Or, in Settings, you can trigger it to automatically switch to Dark Mode at night, which is super. Or you can customize a schedule.

Dark - Wallpapers - Color - Schemes - Effect

There are four Dark Mode-enabled wallpapers that subtly shift color schemes, too. Make sure to install one for maximum effect.

The new Photos app looks pretty...I may use it more as a photo book.

Apple

Apple's really trying to make...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.
Tagged: