Pliskova Moves On In Eastbourne After Sister Act

www.oann.com | 6/24/2019 | Staff
srqlolo (Posted by) Level 3
EASTBOURNE (Reuters) – Second seed Karolina Pliskova was just happy not to have her twin sister on the other side of the net as she made a winning start at the Eastbourne championships on Monday.

The former world number one, given a bye in the opening round, booked her spot in the last 16 with a straightforward 6-3 6-3 defeat of Margarita Gasparyan on the Devonshire Park grass.

Match - Thriller - Kristyna - Birmingham - Week

It was her first match since losing a three-set thriller to 112th-ranked Kristyna in Birmingham last week in what was the first main Tour meeting between the Czech 27-year-olds.

“I didn’t really enjoy myself if I compare my match today and the match with Kristyna,” the big-serving world number three who will be one of the fancied players at next week’s Wimbledon championships, told reporters.

Feeling - Somebody - Family - Match - While

“It’s totally different feeling if you play somebody, you know, not from your family. I didn’t enjoy the match at all, not even for a while. But on the other hand, I’m just happy that it happened, because it can happen in the future and it’s gonna happen for sure again somewhere.

“So I think it’s good that it’s behind us.”

Pliskova - Champion - Eastbourne - Grand - Slam

Pliskova, champion at Eastbourne in 2017 but still awaiting her first Grand Slam title,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!