iPadOS public beta hands-on: The beginning of a transformation

CNET | 6/24/2019 | Scott Stein
baileyboo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/yjSYCVL20D13TKM_zCX0JNdRnT8=/756x567/2019/06/21/bc6e2f19-bf8f-4be8-b17e-8884c14a5b77/02-ios-13-beta.jpg

iPadOS public beta is here: we gave it a test drive.

The iPad has been, for years, Apple's vision of the future of computers. But it's ended up as a device in parallel evolution to the Mac. Apple's finally promising some changes in the iPad's software to make it work even better as a computer for everyone, maybe even coming closer to replacing a Mac. Apple changed its iPad software's name to iPadOS, claiming that the iPad has finally come into its own as a distinct advanced OS apart from the iPhone. The public beta, available alongside iOS 13 and MacOS Catalina's public betas, is a chance to give that promise a test.

IPadOS - IPhone - Lot - Improvements - Models

iPadOS is really the iPhone's iOS 13 with a lot of specific iPad-oriented improvements that will be available for models going back to the iPad Air 2 and Mini 4. I've been using it on an 11-inch 2018 iPad Pro to see how well it can solve my biggest problems. I even tried writing a story and publishing it using an iPad.

First things first don't install a public beta on your main iPad or iPhone. This public version of what developers have had access to for weeks is buggy and incomplete. You'll end up with glitches, random app crashes or even complete reboots. I've already suffered some of these. The finished version of iPadOS is arriving in the fall and most people will be better off waiting till then. Here's what I've discovered so far on the beta, and how it works.

Google - Docs - IPad - Safari - Tracking

Editing in Google Docs on the iPad Safari browser: tracking changes, and everything.

Have you ever tried to use Google apps or web publishing tools on an iPad browser? It's hit or miss at best. iPads haven't handled the web the same as Chromebooks or PCs. The good...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!