2019 BET Awards: Mary J. Blige Proves She's a True Queen While Receiving Lifetime Achievement Award

E! Online | 6/23/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2019523/rs_600x600-190623195909-600-mary-j-blige-award-BET-awards-me-62319.jpg?fit=around%7C600:467&crop=600:467;center,top&output-quality=90

Mary J. Blige took home an especially meaningful prize at the 2019 BET Awards tonight: the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award.

The icon was introduced at Los Angeles' Microsoft Theater by none other than Rihanna, who raved of Blige's influence on her own career: "On behalf of all the women who came after you, like myself, thank you for being you so we could feel comfortable being ourselves."

Crowd - Blige - Stage - BET - Family

While the crowd stood and applauded, Blige took the stage and thanked BET, her family and her friends. "When you have a lifetime of achievements," she admitted. "There's no way you could have done it alone." And to her fans, she said, "Thank you for weathering these storms with me and rejoicing with me when I have a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: E! Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...