Flintshire County Council apologises to grieving family for putting skip on dad's grave Wales

Mail Online | 6/23/2019 | Lara Keay For Mailonline
maddyb7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/23/14/15147670-0-image-a-8_1561298044931.jpg

Bungling council bosses were forced to apologise to a grieving family after workers dumped a skip on top of their father's grave.

Paula Roberts, 44, and her mother Betty, 69, were horrified when they saw the skip full of soil on top of the grave in Flint, north Wales last week.

Exception - Ornaments - Alan - Place

On closer exception they also found smashed ornaments scattered around their relative Alan's resting place.

The retired delivery driver died last November aged 75 following a battle with cancer.

Council - 'lessons - Incident - Health - Safety

The council promised 'lessons will be learned' from the incident, which they claim was down to health and safety rules.

The family are still waiting for a headstone to be placed on the grave but they lay flowers and ornaments on the burial plot every week.

Ms - Roberts - Hair - Salon - 'We

Ms Roberts, who runs a hair salon, said: 'We had been up to the cemetery on Father's Day and put down fresh flowers.

'I took my mum up to see the grave days later and as we were walking towards it I said I can't see the balloon we attached to the grave the week before.

Mum - ****

'I thought it must have blown away and my mum 'what the ****'s that?'

'As we got closer, I could see this big skip type container on top of my dad's grave.

Vases - Ornaments - Gifts - Grave - Father

'All the vases and ornaments and gifts we'd placed on the grave on Father's Day were smashed up.

'My mum was just hysterical, I haven't seen her cry that much since my dad passed away.

Workmen - Gifts

'The workmen had literally picked up the gifts...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!