Where to go, right now: Driving across the Empire State

www.christianpost.com | 6/23/2019 | Staff
AnnieFoxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/17/231753.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

A friend noticed I had been away and asked where I went.

New - York - City - New - York

When I told him New York he asked about the city, thinking that I had been to New York City. He then acted surprised when I replied that I had to been New York without going to New York. As with so many others, he associates the state with the city of the same name. In many ways that is understandable given both the city’s massive size and its tremendous influence on the country, particularly culture. Just look at all the N.Y.C.-based TV shows and movies.

Of course, New York is way more than New York City. I discovered this during a summer road trip across the Empire State. Along the way I experienced three distinct regions: Western New York, the Finger Lakes and the Thousand Islands.

Trip - Time - New - York - State

It’s a trip I have wanted to do for a long time. New York State is always beautiful, but it’s even more pleasant in the summer when local food is abundant, thanks to the diversity of the state’s agriculture. Plus, there is something about a summer road trip that seems distinctively American even in an age of cheap airfares and all-inclusive resorts.

Planning the logistics of where to go and stay were made easy because of the Harbor Hotel Collection. Of the relatively unknown upscale brand’s five hotels, three are located exactly where I wanted to go.

Empire - State - Road - Trip - Buffalo

I started my Empire State road trip by flying into Buffalo, the state’s second-biggest city. From there I picked up a rental car and did the 90-minute drive to the Chautauqua Harbor Hotel, which, as its name suggests, is located on the 17-mile-long Chautauqua Lake. By the way, I played with the options on my phone to avoid both toll roads and interstate...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: