GOP Rep. Rogers: Jon Stewart Was ‘Showboating’ During 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund Hearing

Breitbart | 6/23/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/06/Rogers622-640x335.jpg

In a wide-ranging interview with C-SPAN’s “Newsmakers,” Rep. Mike Rogers (R-AL) questioned some of the theatrics on display from comedian and former “Daily Show” anchor Jon Stewart during a House Judiciary Subcommittee hearing on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties.

“As I sit here today, I can’t help but think what an incredible metaphor this room is for the entire process that getting health care and benefits for 9/11 first responders has come to — behind me, a filled room of 9/11 first responders and in front of me, a nearly empty Congress,” Stewart said in admonishing Congress during an appearance that earned him accolades from the media.

Rogers - Hearing - Subcommittee - Hearing - Committee

Rogers noted the hearing was a subcommittee hearing and not a full committee and said he thought that Stewart was aware of that but chose to make an issue of it, nonetheless.

“I think Jon Stewart was doing a little showboating,” Rogers said....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!