Planned Parenthood’s ‘My Body’ Ad Should Show More Than Skin

Townhall | 6/21/2019 | Staff
urbanpatrioturbanpatriot (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/s1280x720/2019/88/2f8c2560-88bb-4710-b9eb-1c5fb502539b.png

Puerto Rico Says: Build the Statue, Build 45!

Is Danny Glover (Who Demands Reparations) a Worse Traitor than Jane Fonda?

Nation - Abortion - Provider - Abortion - Restrictions

The nation’s largest abortion provider is fighting newly-passed abortion restrictions by declaring “bans off” a woman’s body. But, in doing so, it overlooks the pro-life position. Limiting abortion isn’t about controlling someone’s body; it’s about protecting someone’s body.

On June 17, Planned Parenthood President Leana Wen announced a campaign by her organization to protect abortion against state restrictions called “Bans Off My Body.”

People - Bans - Abortion - Care - Twitter

“The American people don't want bans on abortion care,” she argued on Twitter. “They don't want politicians in exam rooms. They want bodily autonomy.”

Or so she says. But poll after poll reveals the majority of Americans want abortion restricted, including, most recently, an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released in June.

Tweet - Wen - Video - Parenthood - Action

In her tweet, Wen also shared a video from Planned Parenthood Action. The video featured naked women basking in a pink light. They declared, “This is my body. My life. My voice. My truth. My future. My decisions.”

“When we own our bodies, we are powerful. We are free,” they continued. “We won’t tolerate this assault on our health and our rights. And that means access to safe and legal abortion.”

Wording - Planned - Parenthood - Ad - Abortion

With its wording, the Planned Parenthood ad appeared to applaud abortion as a self-centered decision based on “me, myself, and I.” But what makes humans heroic – extraordinary rather than ordinary – isn’t what they do for themselves. It’s what they do for others.

Every pregnancy consists of two bodies, not one. In the first trimester alone, an unborn baby’s heart starts beating. He or she grows fingernails and toes. If Planned Parenthood wants to promote bodily autonomy, it shouldn’t stop at women taking their clothes off. It should show Americans more: the inside of a pregnant woman – the ultrasound...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Townhall
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country