YouTube star Jeffree Star said his new beauty collection began selling out in 5 minutes, and it shows how fans treat the products like collector’s items

Business Insider | 6/21/2019 | Amanda Perelli
ridge-khridge-kh (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5d0d2e01e3ecba14de3a3243-2732-1366.jpg

Prominent YouTube beauty influencer Jeffree Star, who has over 15 million subscribers, released a new collection on Friday through his Jeffree Star Cosmetics company, titled "Jawbreaker."

Fans told Business Insider there's a whole strategy behind scooping up products and merchandise released on a Jeffree Star Cosmetics launch day.

Kinds - Product - Releases - Way - Followers

These kinds of product releases are a way for followers to support Star and snag products they often treat more like collector's items than makeup.

Star fits into a trend of influencers using limited-release strategies to create buzz around products like makeup, the most notable of whom is Kylie Jenner, whose personal net worth has grown to $1 billion, according to Forbes, largely on the strength of her cosmetics company.

Fans - Beauty - YouTube - Influencer - Jeffree

Fans of beauty YouTube influencer Jeffree Star, who has over 15 million subscribers, will tell you: there's a strategy behind scooping up desired products and merchandise released on a Jeffree Star Cosmetics launch day.

"When I know a launch is coming I set my timer on my phone for 10 minutes beforehand, and then again 3 minutes beforehand," Kendall Alfred, who is also an influencer with 178,000 subscribers on YouTube, told Business Insider. "It's important to have a strong internet connection and have the page already opened. You should log in to your customer account before the launch for a quicker checkout process. I usually use PayPal so that it's a one-click job. Have a list of what you want already written down so you can be as quick as possible."

Star - Collection - Jawbreaker - Friday - Company

Star's newest collection, "Jawbreaker," which was released Friday, was the company's biggest release to date, according to Star's collection reveal on YouTube.

The collection ranges from $12 Velour Lip Scrubs to a $85 Summer Liquid Lip Bundle. Some items from the collection began to sell out in five minutes, Star wrote on Twitter.

Customer - Purchasing

Each customer is limited to purchasing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.
Tagged: