After harrowing fall, Christian daredevil Nik Wallenda to walk tightrope in faith over Times Square with sister

www.christianpost.com | 6/21/2019 | Staff
Traight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/17/231730.png

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

NEW YORK — Just over two years ago famed Christian high-wire artist and acrobat Nik Wallenda struggled with fear about his job for the first time in his high-flying career.

Rehearsal - Eight-person - Pyramid - Sarasota - Florida

During a rehearsal for a dramatic eight-person pyramid in Sarasota, Florida, something went horribly wrong and five of the eight high-wire artists, including his sister Lijana, went tumbling more than 20 feet in February 2017.

Of the three performers who suffered broken bones from the fall, Lijana suffered the worst.

Rib - Canal - Humerus - One - Bone

“I broke a rib, punctured my right ear canal, broke clear through my left humerus, I broke my left calcareous. But the big one was every bone in my face,” she told ABC in a recent interview.

On Thursday morning, however, less than 72 hours before he walks a 1,300-foot tightrope 25 stories above Times Square on Sunday, which will be broadcast live on ABC at 8 p.m. ET, Wallenda revealed to The Christian Post how fear almost prevented him from ever performing another stunt again after the fall.

Sort - Time - Hospital - Doctors - Statistics

“It sort of happened twice. The first time it happened was in the hospital as we were not sure [of] the five that had fallen, who was gonna survive and who wasn’t. The doctors say statistics say that two in five people that fall from over 40 feet, they are fatal accidents,” Wallenda, who arrived in the city on Sunday to prepare for the event, recalled. “Therefore, if the statistics were against us two of the five would have passed away that day. So it’s a miracle that they all lived. So sitting in the hospital not knowing all of this, was the first time I thought of it.”

Fear struck again several months later when Wallenda, who previously walked across Niagara Falls in 2012, and the Little Colorado River Gorge...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.