Comedian Jimmy Carr sparks international outrage with joke about K-pop act BTS

Mail Online | 5/1/2019 | Jo Scrimshire;Jacques Peterson For Daily Mail Australia;George Martin For Mailonline
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/21/01/15062076-0-image-a-2_1561076074455.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/20/4663628003290692163/1024x576_MP4_4663628003290692163.mp4

Comedian Jimmy Carr has sparked international outrage with a joke about K-pop act BTS.

Carr mocked the band while appearing on Australian TV show '20 to One' in a segment which has been accused of being 'racist' by viewers.

'When - Something - Korean - America - Jimmy

'When I first heard something Korean had exploded in America, I got worried,' British comedian Jimmy Carr joked on the show.

'So I guess, it could've been worse - but not much worse,' he added, as footage of the group performing was shown.

Channel - Star - Dwarfs - 'abortions - Terribly

It comes as the controversial Channel 4 star was slammed for saying that dwarfs were 'abortions which made it' during his Terribly Funny stand-up tour.

The Australian programme sparked an international backlash, becoming a major news story in South Korea overnight.

Fact - Outrage - Segment - Television - News

In fact, the widespread outrage over the two-minute segment led television news bulletins across the East Asian country on Thursday, after thousands of BTS fans flooded Twitter with complaints about the program's 'xenophobic' overtones.

The free-to-air network was also a trending topic on Twitter in both Australia and Korea, with the hashtags '#channel9apologize' and '#channel9racist' going viral.

BTS - Fan - Outrage - Sentence - Video

One BTS fan summarised the outrage by tweeting: 'Literally every sentence said in this video is problematic and is filled with racial undertones and xenophobia.

'Dear 20 to One, you should definitely reflect and apologise for this disgusting, misinformed report about BTS.'

'Apologise - BTS - Person - Time - Host

'Apologise to BTS, you coward,' another person wrote, this time tweeting directly to 20 to One host Erin Molan herself.

K-pop fans also labelled the network 'racist', with the hashtag #Channel9Racist being included in more than 17,400 tweets as of Thursday night.

Person - Idea - Humour - Artist - Career

One person tweeted: 'If your idea of humour is demeaning an artist's career and ideology by making them look shallow and superficial, while making disgusting and inappropriate racist comments, then you have failed pathetically. You should be ashamed.'

The problematic 20 to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!