S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Elizabeth Henstridge Teases FitzSimmons Reunion (And the Truth Bombs That Come With It!)

TVLine | 6/20/2019 | Matt Webb Mitovich
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/agents-of-shield-6x06-fitzsimmons-reunion.jpg?w=620

This Friday’s episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC, 8/7c) could get filed under “Be careful what you wish for.” For though Fitz and Simmons have finally been reunited, in the flesh and after well over a year apart, you’ve seen this movie before, folks: It ain’t ever easy for this “cursed” couple.

TVLine spoke with Elizabeth Henstridge about the “very ambitious” episode, the “new” Jemmas we will meet, Season 6’s split-up team, and more.

TVLINE - | - How - Reunion - FitzSimmons

TVLINE | How happy of a reunion will it be for FitzSimmons on Friday night?

I mean, as happy as a FitzSimmons episode can be. They’re very relieved to be back together, but it’s never quite that simple with the two of them. So yeah, expect the usual trauma that comes with the pair of them sharing the screen.

TVLINE - Synopsis - Episode - Battle - Demons

TVLINE | The synopsis for the episode says they will need to battle some “demons” upon being reunited. What sorts of demons?

Their inner demons, really. That dark side we all have in ourselves, that when you work in sci-fi gets to be personified, which is super-fun. They already know everything about us, so how can we fight them? It’s a tricky one.

TVLINE - Season - Jemma - Absence

TVLINE | It’s been so long since Season 5, it dawned on me that there is so much for them to catch up on. What do you think Jemma is most anxious to disclose to Fitz about what has happened in his “absence”?

I think she is most anxious about how he will react to Coulson’s death, how he is going to take it. In an ideal world, she doesn’t want to talk about; she just wants to enjoy their time together and be together again. Fitz has a history of anxiety, so she’s nervous about how he will be able to digest all this information.

TVLINE - | - Make

TVLINE | Because make no...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.