Is the Statement, ‘I’ve been a Christian my whole life’ a Lie?

ChurchLeaders | 6/20/2019 | Staff
Nighty (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/6.20christianmywholelife.jpg

If you’ve been around church culture for any length of time, you’ve most likely heard someone answer the question: “How long have you been a Christian?” with the following response, “Oh, I’ve always been a Christian.” In which, that answer can typically be translated into the following – “Ever since I was in my mother’s womb, I went to a building that had a steeple on top or a cross on the side.” However, no matter how great and fancy a church facility is, sitting in a church building does not make you Christian anymore than sitting inside of a fancy McDonald’s is going to make you a McNugget.

Being “born a Christian” has to be one of the most common misconceptions in the church today. Maybe, that’s what you even tend to believe about yourself. There has never been a time when you were not a Christian. You’re whole family goes to church – you’re grandma, parents and even your cousin that literally annoys everyone. It’s football games on Friday and church on Sunday. It’s a wonderful tradition.

People - Church - Crowds - Weekend - Christians

I’m convinced there are many people who are sitting in church crowds every weekend believing that they are Christians when they’re not. They’ve never truly accepted God’s amazing grace, because in their mind there is no need for it. Grace is for the sex, drugs and rock-and-roll crowd. Not me. I’ve always believed. I am a person with good morals. I was born into this belief.

Ironically, Christianity is not something you’re born into, it’s something you’re re-born into.

People - Earth - Today - Christian - Bible

Out of the 7.5 billion people alive on the earth today, not one of us were born a Christian. According to the Bible, every single one of us was born a sinner. “Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When will they ever learn?