J.J. Abrams and His Son Henry Are Writing a Spider-Man Comic for Marvel

Collider | 6/20/2019 | Adam Chitwood
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens-jj-abrams.jpg

J.J. Abrams is working with Marvel! No, not in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And not on television. Instead, Abrams has been collaborating with his 20-year-old son Henry Abrams to write a new Spider-Man comic miniseries that’s due to publish this September, featuring artwork by Sara Pichelli.

The news was announced today by Marvel, along with word that the Abramses’ story will introduce a new villain named Cadaverous who will cause problems for Spider-Man, Peter Parker, and Mary Jane Watson. The five-part series will be published this September, drawn by Pichelli and colored by Dave Stewart.

Plot - Details - Wraps - JJ - Abrams

While specific plot details are under wraps, J.J. Abrams says the story shows Peter Parker “in a way you haven’t seen him before,” and in speaking with the New York Times revealed how this collaboration came about:

“[Marvel editor] Nick Lowe had been pressing me to do a book with him. A year or so ago, I started talking about it with Henry and it sort of happened organically. And that has been the joy of this. Even though I’ve been talking to Nick for a long time, weirdly, this feels like it just sort of evolved from the conversations of Henry and I, having ideas that got us excited and Nick being open to the collaboration.”

Abrams

Abrams admits that he was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!