President Trump Presents Medal of Freedom to Economist Dr. Arthur Laffer – Video and Transcript…

The Last Refuge | 6/19/2019 | sundance
Frost123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/trump-laffer.jpg

I know Art has been to the Oval Office, unlike most people, many times. But this is a very special time for you. This is a tremendous award. You have the Congressional Medal of Honor on the military side, which, of course, is something incredibly special. And the presidential medal is — I just want to congratulate you. There’s nothing like it, right?

DR - LAFFER - Nothing

DR. LAFFER: Nothing.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much, Art.

Ceremony - Art - Children - Thank - Congratulations

Joining us for this momentous ceremony are Art’s six children. Thank you very much. Congratulations. (Applause.) And we’re also grateful to be joined by Vice President Mike Pence. We just got back from Florida. (Applause.) Had a big night. That was a big night in Orlando, Mike. Right?

Secretary Steve Mnuchin, Alex Acosta, Elaine Chao, and Ben Carson, thank you very much for being here. And our top economic advisor and a great friend — of all of us, actually. I hear that voice and I just say “money, money, money.” Larry Kudlow. (Laughter.) Right? Larry. Thank you, Larry.

MR - KUDLOW - Thank

MR. KUDLOW: Thank you, sir.

THE PRESIDENT: Few people in history have revolutionized economic thought and policy like Dr. Art Laffer.

Theory - Reforms - Recession - Boom - Way

He developed a brilliant theory, shaped unprecedented economic reforms, and helped turn a severe recession into a remarkable boom. He proved that the most powerful way to grow the economy and raise government revenue was not to increase tax rates but to adopt strong incentives that unleash the power of human freedom and innovate, create jobs, and deliver greater opportunity to all Americans. And he’s proved it over and over again.

A Yale graduate, Art went on to earn his PhD in Economics from Stanford University. He became the youngest-ever tenured professor at the University of Chicago. Oh, that’s good. That wasn’t too long, was it? (Laughter.) He’s very deceiving. He’s a little older than...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Last Refuge
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .