The Handmaid's Tale Recap: Luke Meets Serena (and Other Catastrophes)

TVLine | 6/19/2019 | Kimberly Roots
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/the-handmaids-tale-recap-season-3-episode-5-luke-nichole-2.jpg?w=630

TV's Hottest Triangles: Veronica Mars -- Were You Team Logan or Team Piz?

While it’s nowhere near as bad as the time his wife and daughter were ripped from his side and forced into slavery, the latest episode of The Handmaid’s Tale probably isn’t going to go down as one of Luke Bankole’s Best Weeks Ever.

June - Time - Years - Minutes - Cozy

He gets to talk to June for the first time in years, but only for a few minutes. Then he is forced to have a cozy chat with a woman who helped bring about the very dystopia in which June is now ensnared. And then, for the kicker? He gets an unasked-for truth bomb — in the form of mixtape! — that is sure to complicate matters as we move forward.

Read on for the highlights of “Unknown Caller.”

VICTORY - FOR - ONE - A - VICTORY

‘A VICTORY FOR ONE IS A VICTORY FOR ALL’ | June starts the episode happier than we’ve seen her in a while: She’s gotten confirmation that Nichole is with Luke, and they’re both safe… at least, for now. “I did this,” she voiceovers. “My baby is free.” At the supermarket, the other handmaids subtly convey their joy at her success. “Instead of resentment, they offer grace,” she notes. “A victory for one is a victory for all.”

Ofmatthew isn’t exactly doing cartwheels for her walking partner, though. She makes a point of telling June that she’s praying for Luke to return Nichole to her “rightful home.” And when ladies part, June has the perfect retort to Ofmatthew’s “Under His eye”: “Bite me.”

Home - Lawrence - June - Luke - Danger

At home, Lawrence refuses to help June find out whether Luke is in imminent danger. “We’re all in danger,” he says, which is true, but c’mon dude!

SERENA HAS HER SAY | It must be Opposite Day in Gilead, because Fred makes a point of inviting Serena into the meeting...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton