‘Annabelle Comes Home’ Clip Screams in Your Face, But in a Good Way

/Film | 6/19/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/annabelle-comes-home-clip.jpg

Annabelle Comes Home is ready to jump-scare you right out of your skin. Don’t believe me? Then you should watch a newly released clip, which features a long, quiet build-up to one of the loudest jump-scares I’ve ever witnessed. Whether or not that’s a good thing is up to you to decide! Watch the Annabelle Comes Home clip below.

I’m not anti-jump-scare. In fact, when done properly, a jump-scare can be very effective. What tends to annoy me are cheap jump-scares. By which I mean scenes where the “horror” turns out to be something mundane – a cat jumping into frame, or another character sneaking up behind someone, putting their hand on the person’s shoulder, and loudly saying, “HEY I FORGOT TO TELL YOU–!”

Involves - Something - Conjuring - Films - Job

That’s lazy, and cheap, and I hate it. But when a jump-scare involves something actually scary, it works. The Conjuring universe films have done a particularly good job with this. Sure, they’re laden with jumps, but these moments usually coincide with something genuinely creepy. This clip is a good example: there’s a very slow build, and a great use of some colored lighting. And then – BAM! Loud noises! Scary stuff! And then the scene keeps going, with even more creepy...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!