Strategy or Holy Spirit?

SundayU Magazine | 2/27/2019 | bcarneiro
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://sundaymag.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/taylor-simpson-1385356-unsplash.jpg

Do you cringe a little when you see the words “church” and “marketing” together? I know I can’t be the only one.

I’m not really sure why, given that marketing for churches is what I do for a living, and what I believe the Lord has called me to do this season of my life.

Word

Maybe we just need a new word for “marketing.”

This is not the first time I have taken a stab at creating new words. I am known for wanting to rename things often.

Time - Word - Something - Goucot - Everyone

One time I was so convinced I was able to replace the word “website” with something like “goucot” for everyone in the whole world.

I know it sounds weird, but hear me out: websites are no longer “sites” in the “web”. A “site” implies something static, a fixed location, and nowadays what we have is closer to a “Goal Oriented User Centric Online Tool” or GOUCOT! Get it?

Word - Story

I was confident I could completely add a word to the dictionary. True story!

So you can see why I am searching for a word to replace “marketing” when it comes to churches.

Holy - Spirit

How much can we plan and how much should we rely on the Holy Spirit?

This question was heavy on me for a while. As I sought the Lord, it became clear to me that we need both.

God - One - Church

I believe God is the one who grows the Church. We simply navigate...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SundayU Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: