Click For Photo: https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/shanahan-backs-out-of-confirmation.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200
Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan on Tuesday withdrew his nomination to lead the department as a report says the FBI is investigating a domestic violence dispute from nine years ago involving him and his then-wife.
“Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan, who has done a wonderful job, has decided not to go forward with his confirmation process so that he can devote more time to his family,” President Trump wrote in a Twitter posting.
Pat - Service - Secretary - Army - Mark
“I thank Pat for his outstanding service and will be naming Secretary of the Army, Mark Esper, to be the new Acting Secretary of Defense,” he continued, adding “I know Mark, and have no doubt he will do a fantastic job!”
Trump appointed Shanahan, a former Boeing executive, to acting secretary last December after James Mattis stepped down.
White - House - Month - President - Permanent
The White House said last month that the president would nominate him as permanent secretary but the paperwork was never officially sent to the Senate.
Trump’s announcement on Twitter came about an hour after USA Today reported the FBI is revisiting a violent domestic dispute between Shanahan and his his now ex-wife Kimberly as part of the background investigation for his confirmation hearing in the Senate.
Incident - Shanahan - Police - Trump - Defense
The incident in which both Shanahan and his then-wife told police they had been punched by the other did not surface when Trump nominated him to become deputy defense...
Wake Up To Breaking News!