Nicholas Sparks apologizes, says he is not homophobic after emails show efforts to block LGBT group

Mail Online | 5/19/2020 | Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com
entengo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/17/22/14806738-0-image-a-24_1560808766486.jpg

Nicholas Sparks is apologizing for repeatedly objecting to pro-gay agenda and club at the private school he funds in a series of emails that were made public last week.

'As someone who has spent the better part of my life as a writer who understands the power of words, I regret and apologize that mine have potentially hurt young people and members of the LGBTQ community, including my friends and colleagues in that community,' wrote Sparks.

Author - Litigation - Emails - Story - Time

The author went on to suggest that due to the ongoing litigation which caused these emails to become public, he could not comment on the full story at this time.

'I believe in the school’s founding principle of loving God and thy neighbor as thyself, and that includes members of the LGBTQ community. I believe in and unreservedly support the principle that all individuals should be free to love, marry and have children with the person they choose, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation,' wrote Sparks.

'This - Core - Value - Mine - Supporter

'This is and has always been a core value of mine. I am an unequivocal supporter of gay marriage, gay adoption, and equal employment rights and would never want to discourage any young person or adult from embracing who they are.'

Sparks said this despite writing in one email that the board of trustees at the school, which he heads, did not want to reference 'sexual orientation' in its policy literature.

Non-discrimination - Policy - Please - Orientation - NOT

'About the non-discrimination policy you keep bringing up: please remember that sexual orientation was NOT in there originally, and that the reason it was added was that YOU insisted it be specifically be added, or you said that the school might get in serious legal trouble,' wrote Sparks.

'Frankly, no one but you wanted it in there, preferring to simply phrase it as "we don't discriminate against .... Please stop...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!