Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's husband says he 'resented' Boris Johnson's handling of her case

Mail Online | 6/16/2019 | Luke Andrews For Mailonline
xhelloworld (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/16/12/14850854-0-image-a-63_1560685079146.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/06/15/3139686705398235690/1024x576_MP4_3139686705398235690.mp4

Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe's husband has said he 'resented' Boris Johnson's handling of her case during his time as Foreign Secretary.

Richard Ratcliffe, who has joined his wife in staging a hunger strike against her detention in Iran over spying charges, said that the Tory leadership frontrunner also made a promise 'that he wasn't able to deliver on'.

Iran - Mrs - Zaghari-Ratcliffe - Evin - Prison

Iran has repeatedly refused to release Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe from its notorious Evin prison since she was detained in 2016.

The former Foreign Secretary said in 2017 that the dual British-Iranian national was in Tehran to train journalists, comments used by Iran to allege she was engaged in 'propaganda against the regime'.

Sunday - Embassy - London - Demonstration - Mr

Speaking on Sunday outside the Iranian embassy in London, where he is holding his demonstration, Mr Ratcliffe told the Andrew Marr Show that Boris Johnson 'clearly made a mistake and clearly tried to correct it and made a promise that he wasn't able to deliver on'.

'At times I've resented him for it and there are bits I did resent him for.'

Mr - Ratcliffe - Mr - Johnson - Things

Mr Ratcliffe added Mr Johnson 'probably got over-criticised for some things, under-criticised for some things'.

The family will now 'push' Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt, another Tory leadership hopeful, for his wife's release, he said.

Mr - Hunt - Iran - Mrs - Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Mr Hunt has urged Iran to release Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe and not 'drag her into' its disagreements with Britain.

In March this year he granted her diplomatic protection, but Iran has refused to acknowledge her dual citizenship.

Couple - Hunger - Strike - Daughter - Birthday

The couple have started the hunger strike together, which coincides with their daughter's fifth birthday, to put pressure on both governments.

'We are both parents to Gabriella and obviously it's important that this doesn't go to the bitter end,' Mr Ratcliffe said.

Message - Nazanin - Course - Authorities - Prison

'The message from Nazanin of course is that enough is enough and I think she wanted to make it clear to the authorities in prison that this can't go...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8