Quotes From the ‘Deadwood’ Cast That Will Inspire You to Watch

IndieWire | 6/16/2019 | Staff
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Deadwood-Timothy-Olyphant-and-Ian-McShane.jpg

Technically, you don’t have to watch all three seasons of HBO’s “Deadwood,” the legendary, canceled-too-soon series from singular television visionary David Milch before viewing this year’s towering TV movie that served as a final chapter in a narrative that deserved a proper ending.

And if our word isn’t enough for you, here are a few alluring anecdotes IndieWire exclusively got from the returning cast about the original series, the new movie, and working with each other to encourage you to make “Deadwood” your viewing destination this summer.

Time - Series - Memory - Wife - Kids

“I think at the time, [shooting the series] was a very vivid memory of just trying to hang in there. Wife, three kids, going to work. Not know what you’re shooting. Some very big personalities. It was all kinds of crazy. So I think it was bizarre. It’s just good to still be part of the circus. Also, I really enjoy my job, and it’s no small thing.

“So I consider myself lucky. I had a hunch starting out that [acting] could be something that not only I could do until it puts me under, but it might be something I enjoy doing until that time comes and perhaps even enjoy it more as I go, too. One of the things I always was aware of working with actors sometimes nearly twice my age [was when] I thought, ‘I can’t tell who’s having more fun here.’ So that’s a nice thing to be able to take in. You feel like you learned a little bit along the way. It was nice to return to those people and experience that collaboration from a different perspective.

Line - Movie - Fool - Something

“And I think there’s a line in the movie about not wanting to die a fool. I guess maybe there’s a little something to that, here.”

“During the first season, I was talking to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.