David Bowie's childhood friend reveals how a punch over a girl left the star with his trademark eyes

Mail Online | 6/14/2019 | Jack Elsom For Mailonline
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/15/02/14813974-0-image-a-81_1560561023973.jpg

David Bowie was grateful to have been punched in the face as a teenager because it resulted in his trademark eyes, according to the man who walloped him.

George Underwood, an old friend of the future music legend, revealed that childhood jostling over a girl they both liked led to him smacking Bowie and unintentionally rupturing his iris sphincter muscle.

Life - Mars - Hitmaker - Thump - Blue

But he claims the Life On Mars hitmaker later thanked him for the 1962 thump because his iconic blue and brown eyes played into his flamboyant Ziggy Stardust alter-ego.

'So I was very p***** off with him, and in the morning I got on the bus to school and overheard him talking about this girl he was going out with,' he told the Telegraph.

Break - Time - Later - David - Favour

'At break time I hit him. Later David said I did him a favour - everyone talks about his eyes, don't they.'

This mystique helped fuel some of Bowie's greatest creations and enhance iconic images, such as the album cover for Heroes in 1977.

Artist - Mr - Underwood

Artist Mr Underwood explained that the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!