Listen to the ‘Black Mirror’ Nine Inch Nails Cover Song Performed by Miley Cyrus

/Film | 6/14/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Black-Mirror-Nine-Inch-Nails-Cover-Song.jpg

While the new season of Black Mirror is a bit underwhelming, it does contain some bright spots. Most notably: Miley Cyrus performing a poppy, catchy Nine Inch Nails cover. Black Mirror creator Charlie Brooker took the typically bleak NIN song “Head Like a Hole” and reworked it into the sunny, inspirational “On a Roll.” The cover is sung by (fictional) pop star Ashley O (Cyrus) in the episode “Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too”, and you can now listen to it in full.

If you’ve ever wondered what a happier Nine Inch Nails might sound like, feast your ears on this cover of “Head Like a Hole.” The original song, written by Trent Reznor, is typically bleak and hopeless, with Reznor singing “Head like a hole/Black as your soul/I’d rather die than give you control.” For the Black Mirror version, the lyrics have been rewritten as the much more positive “I’m on a roll/Riding so high, achieving my goals!” It works surprisingly well.

Reznor - Black - Mirror - Creator - Charlie

And Reznor was a-okay with it. Black Mirror creator Charlie Brooker reached out to Reznor about the idea when he was writing the episode, and the Nine Inch Nails frontman was happy with the results. “Trent got it straight away, it was via email and he was really happy pretty quickly,” Brooker said. Black Mirror executive producer Annabel Jones added: “He thought it was very funny, he found the dark comedy very entertaining.”

In fact, Nine Inch Nails got in on the action by releasing their own Black Mirror-themed shirt.

Cover - Cyrus - Performance - Album - Nine

I dig this cover, and Cyrus’s performance of it, so much that I’d love to have an entire album of her performing Nine Inch Nails covers in this same style. I doubt that’ll happen anytime soon though, so I’ll just have to be content with this. Cyrus also performs a straight version...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!