Tripoli’s Children Struggle To Study As War Reaches The Capital

www.oann.com | 6/10/2019 | Staff
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
TRIPOLI (Reuters) – For 13-year-old Taha Aboud, who dreams of becoming an engineer, war in Libya’s capital Tripoli has meant his family fleeing their home and him missing studies as they searched for a new school.

“I’m happy to be back at school. I hope to become a technology engineer one day …I love it,” said Taha, as his father Fouad, a civil servant, signed papers this week to enroll his son in the Ben Ashour primary school, which has 1,250 students.

Children - Plight - Country - Education - Ministry

Up to 3,000 children face a similar plight, according to the country’s education ministry, as fighting forces dozens of schools to close, sometimes in order to house the displaced.

In the chaos, authorities have struggled to keep count of how many students are missing school, said Rashad Bishr, head of a crisis committee at the education ministry.

Authorities - Spots - Students - Taha - School

Authorities have been trying to find spots for students such as Taha, who returned to school this week as classes resumed with the end of Islam’s holy month of Ramadan.

Authorities, aided by the U.N. Children’s Fund (UNICEF), also organized extras classes during Ramadan to help displaced children catch up on what they missed ahead of exams...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.