How antisemitic was the Dyke March?

Religion News Service | 6/12/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://religionnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/thumbRNS-JewishSettlersJan22.jpg

I am still thinking about the Dyke March, and I am not alone.

Here is why.

Wake - Call - Jews

It should serve as a wake up call for all woke Jews.

The Dyke March in Washington, DC had sought to ban flags with a Jewish star.

Flags - Flag - Israel

Why? Because those flags too closely resembled the flag of Israel.

Two years ago, according to JTA:

Women - Chicago - Dyke - March - Rainbow

Three women were asked to leave the 21st annual Chicago Dyke March after being told that their rainbow flags with a white Star of David in the center would be a “trigger,” or traumatic stimulus, for people who found them offensive. The women reportedly were asked to leave after they started defending Israel and Zionism.

I understand triggers. Those who have experienced trauma are subject to triggers, and so are their children and even grandchildren.

Survivors - Holocaust - Halloween - Decorations - Skeletons

I once knew survivors of the Holocaust who simply could not handle Halloween, with its ubiquitous decorations of skeletons on trees.

As one survivor said to me: “I have seen enough skeletons in my time. I cannot see any more.”

Dyke - March - JTA

Back to the Dyke March. According to JTA:

[Jill] Raney [a Dyke March organizer who is also a member if IfNotNow, a Jewish leftist group critical of Israel] was focused on crafting policy around Jewish symbols, and is unaware of any policy about, for example, a Christian cross or Muslim crescent, although those appear on dozens of countries’ flags. And the march does not maintain a list of accepted and rejected national flags, though American flags would also be restricted because, Raney said, the United States commits human rights abuses.

Organizers - Dyke - March - Theory - Program

The organizers of the Dyke March presented us with a fascinating psychological theory, as yet unproven in any graduate program.

The theory: The only national symbol that causes triggers is a Jewish national symbol.

Let us play this out.

The Dyke March not only permitted the display of the Palestinian...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Religion News Service
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.
Tagged: