Newborn baby almost dies after contracting herpes in his eye

Mail Online | 6/12/2019 | Dianne Apen-sadler For Mailonline
cv2angels (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/12/09/14684210-0-image-a-22_1560329976127.jpg

A newborn baby almost died after contracting the herpes virus in his eye after being kissed at a christening.

Noah Tindle was just four weeks old when his mother, Ashleigh White, noticed her son's right eye had become swollen, blistered and was watering.

Advice - September - Noah - Hospital - Herpes

After seeking medical advice last September, Noah was rushed to hospital and was quickly diagnosed with Herpes simplex virus 1 [HSV-1] - known as the 'kiss of death'.

Ms White, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, was told her newborn baby - who almost went blind in one eye - was likely to have caught the virus through an infected adult kissing his face.

Mother - Noah - Virus - Days

The first-time mother believes Noah most likely contracted the virus at a christening they attended together just five days before.

Noah - who is now nine months old - spent two-and-a-half months in hospital recovering and despite relapsing in March this year, he's currently hitting all his milestones and will be on antiviral medication until 2020.

Ms - White - Awareness - Facebook - Post

Now Ms White is determined to raise awareness, and a Facebook post she wrote about Noah's story has since gone viral.

The phone sales agent said: 'He was only four weeks old when he contracted herpes in his eye.

Christening - Friends

'We went to a christening where friends were holding and kissing him - it could have been any of them.

'I just want to make more people aware of the risks and consequences of kissing a baby, especially a newborn when you suffer from cold sores as I know how heartbreaking...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Settled law: one party can't change a contract. Now if the Government, citizens and the Consstitution...
Tagged: