Soccer star Hope Solo opens up about miscarrying twins

Mail Online | 6/11/2019 | Associated Press;Erica Tempesta For Dailymail.com
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/11/19/14660446-0-image-a-4_1560279452521.jpg

View this post on Instagram

PLEASE READ/WATCH: Yesterday, we had a huge legal win in my complaint against U.S. Soccer with the USOC. A panel of three AAA arbitrators ruled that @ussoccer is in violation of Federal Law under the Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act and @teamusa bylaws. This is a massive first step in holding U.S. Soccer accountable and protecting athletes’ rights. It’s crazy that we even have to wage legal battles in order to force our national governing body to simply abide by the law. But we do. And it’s a long road. Nothing happens overnight and there are times you question whether anything will ever really change. Then you get news like this and you know it’s worth it, know change is possible, and know more than ever, that you need to stay the course. This is only a first step, but it’s a big one. And it’s a win for everybody who loves this sport. Power to the People ✊🏼 Link to more details and the full history of this fight in my bio.

A post shared by Hope Solo (@hopesolo) on

Hope Solo has revealed she almost died after suffering a devastating miscarriage last year, right before she flew to Florida to deliver an eviscerating speech at the US Soccer election.

The 37-year-old former goalkeeper of the U.S Women’s National Soccer Team told Elle that she was trying to start a family for a long time before she got pregnant and then miscarried.

Week - Loss - Hope - Lot - Pain

A week after the loss, Hope was still in a lot of pain and learned she had been pregnant with twins. One was ectopic, meaning the fetus developed outside the uterus.

'The doctor said I was hours from dying. They ended up having to remove my fallopian tube,' said Hope, who has since started IVF.

Soccer - Star - President - USSF - Time

The soccer star was running for president of the USSF at the time and flew to Orlando, Florida, just days after the procedure to give her election speech.

The two-time Olympic gold medalist and World Champion explained that she didn't expect to win the position, which is unpaid. 'But I knew my voice was important.'

Platform - Election - President - Sunil - Gulati

She used her platform during the election to replace the outgoing president Sunil Gulati to air her grievances with the establishment and slam USSF vice-president Carlos Cordeiro, who went on to win the election.

'A vote for [the establishment candidates] is a vote for the status quo: disunity, discord, and more failure,' she said.

Hope - Figure - US - Soccer - Polarizing

Hope is a controversial figure in US soccer, and she admitted that she thinks she is 'pretty polarizing.'

She has twice been suspended by the US team for angry outbursts, most recently after they lost to the Swedish team in the quarterfinals at the 2016 Rio Olympics.

Athlete - Media - Firestorm - Team - 'a

The athlete started a social media firestorm when she said the Swedish team played like 'a bunch of cowards.'

Although she went on to elaborate that she meant they had...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction