'View' Hosts Defend Biden Flip-Flop on Abortion, Praise Him Listening to ‘Women of Color'

NewsBusters | 6/10/2019 | Staff
HelloimMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/the_view_-_11_04_41_am_1.jpg

The hosts of ABC’s The View struggled on Monday’s show, between praising Joe Biden for flip-flopping on the Hyde Amendment last week, to expressing frustration that he wasn’t with the radical left to begin with.

After pressure from the left, the former Vice President and current 2020 candidate came out this past week to say he now was against the amendment, which bans federal funding for abortion, after being in favor of it for the past forty years. Meghan McCain was the only critic of Biden’s flip- flopping.

Co-host - Ana - Navarro - Biden - Gaffes

Co-host Ana Navarro began by recounting Biden’s recent gaffes, including plagiarism. Adding this abortion policy reversal to the list of mistakes, she urged the Democrat to “get it together.”

“He does have to get it together,” fellow co-host Sunny Hostin agreed. She sympathized with Biden as a fellow liberal Catholic who doesn’t want his faith “to be part of his politics.” But she hit him from the left for not being with “women of color” to begin with:

Women - Color - Women - Presidents - Hyde

It just seems to me when you have women of color and black women that make presidents and you realize that the Hyde amendment affects predominantly women of color and African Americans and for him to sort of come out and not recognize that immediately, I don't know if you can even call that clumsy... He has to understand his constituency. I think that's going to be very problematic for him actually.

McCain pointed out that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!