Nolte: ‘Dark Phoenix’ $100 Million Loss Could Dwarf Upcoming ‘New Mutants’

Breitbart | 6/10/2019 | Staff
jacensolo775 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/06/dark100millionloss1-640x335.jpg

Reports say that the latest X-Men film, Dark Phoenix, will lose at least $100 million, which could be a drop in the bucket compared to the upcoming New Mutants.

A lot of think-pieces are being written about the box office catastrophe that is Dark Phoenix, which opened this weekend to a devastating $33 million. But the simple answer is that it sucked. It is a terrible movie and no amount of hand-wringing over the marketing or the reshoots or the “bad buzz” will change that simple truth.

Apocalypse - Worldwide - Dark - Phoenix

After the disappointing X-Men: Apocalypse, which still managed a $543 million worldwide gross, Dark Phoenix had to deliver and it doesn’t — not even close.

As I wrote in my review, the debate over which X-Men movie is the worst is now over. Dark Phoenix is by far the worst. There is not even a close second place.

Lot - Movies - Badness - Reviews - Box

Sure, an awful lot of bad movies have managed to overcome their badness and terrible reviews to still score at the box office. Sometimes the spectacle is enough. But there was no goodwill for Dark Phoenix. Stars Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain, and someone named Sophie Turner, have gone out of their way to alienate audiences with mean-spirited and divisive political posturing.

Speaking of this someone named Sophie Turner, who thought it was a good idea to build an entire summer movie around a charisma-free TV actor with zero sex appeal?

Marketing - Turner - Expense - Public - Movie

The marketing also focused on Turner, and did so at the expense of informing the public this is an actual X-Men movie, part of the First Class franchise.

Turners was the bland face dominating the poster, so instead of looking like an A-level X-Men sequel it looked more like one of those direct-to-DVD cheapie knocks offs you see at the Redbox: Jurassic Planet or Guardians of the Universe or Captain USA.

What I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!