‘Succession’ Season 2 Teaser Trailer: There Are No Rules In A Ruthless Empire

The Playlist | 6/9/2019 | Rodrigo Perez
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/succession-hbo-brian-cox.jpg

Power, politics, money, and family. I was under the impression that was already the domain of Showtime’s “Billions.” And I’ll be quite honest I was quite reluctant to watch a show about white, privileged, affluent **** who behaved like total sociopaths because, ****, see above, “Billions,” we already have one of that, and I’m a little bit tired of seeing white, rich psychos on TV; there are other stories to tell out there, and it would be nice to see other people represented out there. But that said, “Succession,” created by British writer Jesse Armstrong’s—creator of “Peep Show,” the BBC political satire “The Thick of It”—HBO show earned rave critical reviews last year, so I admittedly need to give it another shot.

I suppose the critical distinction of the show is in the title; it’s a series about family, dynasty, legacy and well, succession. Who will be next in line to run an empire? There are many family members in the queue, but there’s also a sick, but stubborn patriarch who refuses to cede his power.

READ - MORE - Best - TV - Shows

READ MORE: The Best TV Shows & Mini-Series Of 2018

“Succession” stars an ensemble cast featuring Brian Cox, Kieran Culkin, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook, Hiam Abbass, Nicholas Braun, Peter Friedman, Natalie Gold, Matthew Macfadyen, Alan Ruck, Parker Sawyers,, and Rob Yang. Season one saw the pilot episode directed by Adam McKay (“Vice,” “The Big Short”) who is one of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!