Delingpole: Vote Conservative, Get Labour

Breitbart | 6/8/2019 | Staff
maye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/06/Lisa-Forbes-Labour-MP-1-640x335.png

Vote Conservative, get Labour. This was one of the salutary lessons of the Peterborough by-election in which Nigel Farage’s insurgent Brexit Party was narrowly beaten — by just under 700 votes — by Labour.

Julia Hartley-Brewer: 'I Feel More Positive Than Ever We Are Going to See Brexit Delivered'

Vote - Ratios - Election - Britain - Trouble

If these vote ratios are replicated in a general election, then Britain will be in serious trouble. It will mean that, just like has happened in New Zealand, the votes of the majority right will have been fatally split so that the party of the minority hard-left ends up in power.

So how do we avoid the terrifying prospect of Jeremy Corbyn, PM?

Stage

I don’t see, at this stage, how we can.

The Conservatives would probably argue that the way to avoid this would be for their voters to stick with the party they know — the Conservatives, obvs — and ignore those fly-by-night Johnnies-come-lately the Brexit Party.

Problem - Lot - Brexiteer - Side - Argument

Problem is, I’m not sure that a lot of us on the Brexiteer side of the argument much care what the Conservatives say or think or do any more — especially since few of their leadership candidates seem to be much interested in pursuing an agenda beyond business as usual.

At dinner last night I sat with several former staunch Conservatives who had no faith in the party’s ability — even under a new leader — to deliver meaningful Brexit. Their loyalties had shifted to the Brexit Party and they were in no mood for switching back.

Argument - Divisions - Left - Momentum - Faction

Yes, there’s an argument that the divisions on the left (between the hard-left Momentum faction and the Blairite centrists) are just as great. But if so, there wasn’t much evidence of that split in Peterborough last night, was there?

Labour voters, it would appear, are more stubbornly tribal than Conservative ones. They don’t seem much...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: