Four women tell why they still love their childhood teddies as much as any man 

Mail Online | 6/5/2018 | Liz Hull;Samantha Brick for Daily Mail
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/06/21/14473606-0-image-a-21_1559854562342.jpg

Comforting, consoling, the perfect companion — most of us can recall the attachment to a favourite childhood toy. But how many of us still sleep with our teddy bear?

According to a recent survey, a staggering one in three British adults admits to still taking teddy to bed. And even after marriage and starting families of their own, it seems growing numbers of women are refusing to relinquish their childhood confidante.

Results - Husbands - Children - Devotion - End

The results? Jealous husbands, baffled children and a devotion that knows no end, as these four women explain...

Freelance editor Rebecca Denne, 35, is single and lives in Kent. She has a stuffed dog called Sniffy. Rebecca says:

Sniffy - Dog - Tail - Presence

Sniffy's a little biscuit-coloured dog complete with a tail and is incredibly important to me. He has been a constant presence since I was two.

Strictly speaking, he is Sniffy mark two, because rather tragically I lost the original Sniffy while out shopping with my mum.

Sister - Time - Remembers - Croydon - Shopping

My older sister, who was four at the time, remembers we were in a Croydon shopping centre when I dropped Sniffy through some railings. It was raining and Mum couldn't reach him. Wisely, she found a toy store and bought me a new one the same day.

When I was a child, he was very comforting and smelled like a bakery. However, after a BBQ Mum popped him in the washing machine. I was horrified! He never looked or smelled the same again.

Relationship - Sniffy - Sleepovers - Home

As I got older, my relationship with Sniffy grew stronger — especially as I started to go to sleepovers or be away from home.

One summer, I had been to a family wedding when I realised I'd left Sniffy at my auntie and uncle's. They offered to post him, but it was out of the question that I'd risk Sniffy with the Royal Mail. So my cousin had to do a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...