Pete Rose: Johnny Bench would never have made it to Hall of Fame 'if I wasn't born'

Fox News | 6/7/2019 | Ryan Gaydos
marika (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/06/Rose-Bench-Getty.jpg

Pete Rose spoke with Brian Kilmeade about his new book 'Play Hungry: The Making of a Baseball Player' and responds to Johnny Bench saying he should not be in the Hall of Fame.

Baseball legend Pete Rose took a shot at his former teammate and Hall of Fame catcher Johnny Bench on Thursday during an appearance on “The Brian Kilmeade Show.”

Rose - Bench - View - Cincinnati - Reds

Rose fired back after Bench refused to budge from his view that the former Cincinnati Reds star should be excluded from the Baseball Hall of Fame for gambling on the sport in 1989.

“It don't bother me but you know Johnny Bench is one guy who should thank God I was born,” Rose told host Brian Kilmeade. “Because he never would have made the Hall of Fame if I wasn't born.”

Kilmeade - Rose

Kilmeade asked Rose to elaborate.

“Because I'm the guy he knocked in a thousand times. You got you've got guys in front of you guys right behind you and you got to be responsible for everybody else involved,” Rose said, adding that Bench couldn’t understand why he wasn’t as loved as Rose was in Cincinnati.

Bench - Days

Rose admitted that he does get along with Bench these days and there would be...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: