‘The Terror: Infamy’ Team Talks ‘Great Responsibility’ in Telling Tales of Japanese Internment Camps

Variety | 6/6/2019 | Marisa Roffman
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/rexfeatures_10212885m.jpg?crop=0px,127px,3600px,2028px&resize=700,393

In the second chapter of AMC’s “The Terror” franchise, a number of suspicious deaths rock a a tight-knight Japanese-American during World War II. As the season progresses, the show explores the internment camps, something which showrunner Alexander Woo believes has been thus far underrepresented in storytelling.

“There has been criminally very little done on-screen,” Woo said of the camps at the ATX Television Festival in Austin, Texas Thursdays. “We have a great responsibility to show them in as much detail and with as much accuracy as possible.”

Woo - Season - Anthology - Drama - Max

Woo, who co-created the second season of the anthology drama with Max Borenstein, reached out to a famous expert — survivor George Takei — for aid in crafting the story honestly.

“One day, I got a call from Alex — he lives in the same neighborhood,” Takei said. “He came over and explained the project to me. I consider this chapter of American history…to be an [overlooked,] important chapter. It’s my life mission to raise the awareness. When he described the story, I said it is an honor and a privilege and my responsibility to accept the project as a consultant. And then he said, ‘Well, you’re an actor, too. How would you like to be in it?’”

Added - Woo - Nuts - George - Takei

Added Woo: “It would be nuts to have George Takei [and not have him act]. I felt I had to write something for George and to honor what he’s done. It’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!