TV Bits: MTV Shows, ‘Dead to Me’, ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’, ‘The Ranch’, ‘Baby Shark’, ‘Friends’

/Film | 6/6/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/friends-revisited-1.jpg

In this edition of TV Bits:

MTV is remaking Punk’d and Singled Out, because there is no escaping the past.

Netflix - Dead - Me - Season

Netflix renews Dead to Me for season 2.

A SpongeBob SquarePants spinoff is headed to Nickelodeon.

Ranch - Season

The Ranch is ending with season 4.

That viral Baby Shark song is becoming a TV show.

Jennifer - Aniston - Friends - Cast - Reunion

Jennifer Aniston says the Friends cast is up for a reunion, if someone wants to get that going.

Remember MTV? Remember shows like Punk’d and Singled Out? Well, MTV Studios has decided to remake both of those show, because it’s easier than coming up with new ideas. Punk’d was hosted by Ashton Kutcher, and was a kind of candid camera show where Kutcher and his team would play elaborate practical jokes on famous people. And Singled Out was a dating show. The new remakes are headed to Quibi, Jeffrey Katzenberg’s streaming video service that specializes in short content. In keeping with this format, the new Punk’d and Singled Out will run under 10 minutes each. I’m not sure how you can go through an entire show in under 10 minutes, but I guess we’ll find out.

Dead - Me - Nothing - Things - Fact

I have yet to get around to watching Dead To Me, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. In fact, the reaction is so good that Netflix just went ahead and gave it a second season. In the first season, “Jen (Christina Applegate) is a sardonic widow determined to solve her husband’s recent hit-and-run murder. Judy (Linda Cardellini) is an optimistic free spirit who’s recently suffered her own tragic loss. When the two women meet at a support group, they become unlikely friends despite their polar-opposite personalities. But as they bond over bottles of wine, Entenmann’s cookies and a shared affinity for The Facts of Life, Judy desperately tries to shield Jen from a shocking secret that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!