Romney: Need to Review ‘Full Record’ of Trump Nominee Who Compared Catholicism to KKK Racism

CNS News | 6/6/2019 | Staff
my_new_puppy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/romney_photo_by_chip_somodevillagetty_images_0.jpg

(CNSNews.com) -- When asked whether President Trump should withdraw a federal judgeship nominee who compared a Catholic refusing to host a same-sex wedding to a KKK member invoking Christianity to racially discriminate, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said he “needed to look at the full record” before making his decision.

At the U.S. Capitol on June 5, CNSNews.com asked Sen. Romney, “judicial nominee Michael Bogren equated a Catholic family declining to host same-sex weddings on their farm to a KKK member engaging in racial discrimination. Should President Trump should withdraw his nomination?”

Senator - Record - Individual - Statement - That

The senator said, “I’ll look at the full record of the individual before I make any statement on that.”

Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) has been one of the few senators actively leading the charge against Bogren’s nomination. When asked by CNSNews.com at the Capitol whether he was confident Trump would rescind the nomination, Cruz said, “I certainly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!