I tried the new $400 Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 and they're pretty great

CNET | 6/5/2019 | David Carnoy
marika (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/cy5ZR7Jp2re6zkPElRDknIRobVw=/756x567/2019/06/05/ea23f350-2de5-4f21-9d2e-6758ca2d02d5/15-bose-noise-cancelling-headphones-700.jpg

Last week Bose unveiled the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, the long-awaited successor to its popular Bose QuietComfort 35 II noise-cancelling headphones. They aren't available until June 30, but I got some early hands-on time with the headphones at a Bose media event in New York, where I played around with a final production unit that was running beta software.

Watch this: Bose's new Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones live up to...

Thing - Noise - Cancelling - Headphones - Design

The first thing you'll notice about the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 is that they have a totally new design -- and it really is a new headphone, both on the outside and the inside, with new drivers and a total of 8 microphones to help enable Bose's "evolved noise-canceling functionality."

The design and technology upgrades come at a price: The Noise Cancelling Headphones cost $400 or £350 (Australian pricing isn't yet available but the UK price converts to about AU$640). That list price is $50 higher than that of the QuietComfort 35 II and the Sony WH-1000XM3, CNET's current top-rated noise-cancelling headphone. Both those models are on sale right now for $300.

Note - CNET - Share - Revenue - Anything

Note that CNET may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.

One of the biggest external changes is to the headband. The QuietComfort 35 II has a high-tech resin (read: plastic) headband while the Headphones 700's headband incorporates a single, seamless piece of stainless steel that would seemingly make it a little sturdier. However, as a result of the new design, there's no hinge, so they don't fold up, just flat, and you simply lay them into their protective carrying case, which is larger than the QuietComfort 35 II's case.

Headphones - Others - Case - Compartment

Some will like that you don't have to bother folding the headphones while others will prefer the smaller case. I did like that there's a little compartment...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: