Anglican Resurrection Stoush: Carnely vs. Wright

Euangelion | 6/5/2019 | Staff
bluelilly (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/34/2019/06/Carnley.jpg

Eugene, OR: Cascade, 2019.

Available at Wipf & Stock.

Look - NT - Wright - Resurrection - Son

Look, I am biased, but I think N.T. Wright’s Resurrection of the Son of God is the best book on the resurrection and probably the best tome on the topic in church history (that said, I think Dale Allison’s big essay in Resurrecting Jesus, is a great minority report too).

Australian Anglican Archbishop Peter Carnley wrote his own book on the resurrection some three decades ago (The Structure of Resurrection Belief [1987]) and he here returns to the subject with a riposte against Wright.

New - Testament - Scholar - N - T

In 2003 the British New Testament scholar N. T. Wright published The Resurrection of the Son of God, arguing vigorously that the Resurrection of Christ should be handled purely as a historical event—subjected to historical reason and critical-historical research. This book critically examines Wright’s arguments. Peter Carnley demonstrates the flaws in the view that the Resurrection should be understood essentially as Jesus’ return from the dead to this world of space and time in a material and physical body. Carnley argues that the Resurrection of Christ is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Euangelion
Wake Up To Breaking News!