Practical Steps on How to Walk in the Spirit

Rick Thomas | 6/4/2019 | Rick Thomas
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/RMlogoORPracticalStepsonHowtoWalkintheSpirit.jpg

My number one all-time prayer is for the Spirit of God to give me awareness and perception regarding His work in my life and into the world that I live. Each day and throughout my day, this is my prayer. I want to know what He wants me to do, which is why it’s vital to know how to walk in the Spirit.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

God promised to put His Spirit in me so I would know how to walk in His statutes and to obey His rules (Ezekiel 36:26-27). Jesus is the ultimate example of what this looks like in a human being. His life was a perfect picture of what it means to be Spirit-filled.

Everything - Power - Spirit - Spirit - Him

Everything He did was done in the power of the Spirit as the Spirit led Him. Some have thought that He was doing His works in His divinity, but this is not true. He set aside His divinity and took on flesh so He could be like us (Philippians 2:6-7; Hebrews 2:14-15, 4:15). The hypostatic union teaches that He was 100% God and 100% man. He was God in the flesh, but He only acted out of His flesh, out of His humanity.

He preached with authority, cast out demons, carried out His mission on earth, sought the lost, and discipled His friends all because the Spirit had filled Him. It was the Spirit of God that drove and empowered Him (Mark 1:12; Luke 4:18).

Jesus - Life - Life - Truth - Jesus

Jesus lived the most vibrant life ever lived because He lived the most dependent life ever lived. This truth about Jesus is why my primary prayer has been to be filled, illuminated, empowered, and controlled by the Spirit of God.

If...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: