Full text of Pope Francis' in-flight press conference from Romania

Catholic News Agency | 3/31/2019 | Staff
smnth28smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/Pope_Francis_aboard_the_flight_from_Rabat_to_Rome_March_31_2019_Credit_Alan_Holdren_CNA.jpg

Aboard the papal plane, Jun 3, 2019 / 06:09 am (CNA).- Please read below for CNA's full transcript of the pope's June 2 in-flight press conference from Sibiu, Romania to Rome:

Alessandro Gisotti, interim director of the Holy See Press Office: Good evening. Welcome, Holy Father. Welcome. Return flight: Holy Father, the motto of this journey was “we walk together,” but we also fly together because I think we have really flown a lot, also the busyness, the fatigue -- in your speech to the foreign press a few days ago, you concluded by saying the fatigue is in apostolic journeys in particular. Here, the effort, the passion, the diligence of colleagues who have told of this journey. Today is the day of social communications, obviously, as you know, dedicated to journalists and those who work in communications, with the theme: “we are members one of another.” And so the Holy Father, before the questions, offers us a brief reflection on this day dedicated to us.

Pope - Francis - Evening - Thank - Company

Pope Francis: Good evening. Thank you for your company. As Gisotti said, today, this day, is calls you [to mind], calls you to our thoughts. You work in communications, you are workers, as Alessandro said, but first of all you should also be witnesses of communication. Today communication goes behind, generally; connection goes on, to make connections and not arrive at communication. And you all, for vocation, you are witnesses to communicating. It’s true, you should make connections, but do not stop yourselves there, going there. I wish you to go forward in this vocation, this testimony to communicating. This period needs less connection and more communication. Thank you and now, congratulations for your day and proceed with the questions.

Gisotti: Okay, Holy Father, per tradition, the first two questions go to media of the country where...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Catholic News Agency
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?