DAY 2 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO

wdtprs.com | 5/31/2019 | View all posts by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf →
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3

Let us, upon our knees, pray in a special way to God the Holy Spirit during this time between Ascension Thursday and Pentecost.

This is one way to pray. I invite the readership to join in.

Day - Meditation - Prayer - Day - Father

Each day the meditation and prayer for the particular day is said, followed by 1 Our Father, 1 Hail Mary and 7 Glory be to the Father, followed by the Act of Consecration and the Prayer for the Seven Gifts.

Come. Father of the poor.

Come - Endure

Come, treasures which endure;

Come, Light of all that live!

Gift - Fear - Respect - God - Nothing

The gift of Fear fills us with a sovereign respect for God, and makes us dread nothing so much as to offend Him by sin. It is a fear that arises, not from the thought of ****, but from sentiments of reverence and filial submission to our heavenly Father. It is the fear that is the beginning of wisdom, detaching us from worldly pleasures that could in any way separate us from God. “They that fear the Lord will prepare their hearts, and in His sight will sanctify their souls.”

Come, O blessed Spirit of Holy Fear, penetrate my inmost heart, that I may set Thee, my Lord and God, before my face forever; help me to shun all things that can offend Thee, and make me worthy to appear before the pure eyes of Thy Divine Majesty in heaven, where Thou livest and reignest in the unity of the ever Blessed Trinity, God world without end. Amen.

Knees - Multitude - Witnesses - Soul - Body

On my knees before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses, I offer myself, soul and body, to Thee, Eternal Spirit of God. I adore the brightness of Thy purity, the unerring keenness of Thy justice, and the might of Thy love. Thou art the Strength and Light of my soul. In Thee I live and move and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: wdtprs.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!