Why Kyle Chandler's Family Loves His Roles: 'It Gets Me Out of the House'

PEOPLE.com | 5/31/2019 | Staff
fofo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/kylechandler.jpg?crop=0px,0px,3855px,2023.875px&resize=1200,630

Ask a Kyle Chandler fan how and when they became enamored with the actor’s work and they’ll likely cite his portrayal of Coach Taylor on Friday Night Lights. But if you ask his family to pick a favorite part of his, their answer might surprise you.

“To be quite honest, my kids don’t watch and haven’t seen a lot of what I’ve done,” Chandler, 53, tells PEOPLE of daughters Sydney, 23 and Sawyer, 17, with wife Kathryn, 55. “They’re aware of it, a few things they have [seen] but mostly I think my girls and my wife are just happy to have me out of the house.”

Performance - Godzilla - King - Monsters - Rave

His performance in Godzilla: King of Monsters did earn a rave review from Sydney however, who attended the L.A. premiere of the monster movie with her dad.

“When it’s all over she goes, ‘Look Pop, that’s a great movie but the only thing I cared about was you.'” Chandler says. “And then I gave her a $100 and that was settled.”

Kyle - Chandler - Godzilla - King - Monsters

For more on Kyle Chandler and Godzilla: King of the Monsters, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE.

RELATED: The Stars of Friday Night Lights: Where Are They Now?

Chandler - Hulu - Catch-22

Chandler, who is also starring in Hulu’s Catch-22, says that he had a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!