WATCH — Former Amash Supporter: ‘You Have No Future in This District’ as a Republican

Breitbart | 5/31/2019 | Staff
applecup (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/05/voter-justin-amash-grand-rapids-mi-getty-640x335.jpg

A woman voter who attended a town hall event Tuesday for Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) in Grand Rapids, Michigan, accused him of “political grandstanding” in his calls to impeach President Trump and claimed he only wants to benefit from it to raise his “national profile.”

“I think a lot of the people here who are cheering and applauding your courage most likely didn’t vote for you,” the woman told Amash, who represents Michigan’s 3rd congressional district, which includes Grand Rapids.

Hand - Election - Fact - Campaign - Hundreds

“I, on the other hand, voted for you in every election since 2010,” she continued. “And in fact, I worked on your first campaign in 2010. I knocked on hundreds of doors for you. I made hundreds of poll calls for you, inviting people to your events to meet you. I made tons of personal phone calls to friends to vote you in when you were running against a bunch of other people.”

“So I was there for you from the very beginning. I’m not sure how many people applauding your courage were. But I would like to say that since that time I have changed my position on you,” she said.

Years - Job - Constituents - Amash

“You have spent the last two years failing to do your job, which is to directly represent the popular will of your constituents,” she told Amash.

Amash challenged her on that point, saying his job is to “uphold the constitution.”

“Those are not mutually exclusive, do you realize that?” she replied.

The woman then rebutted Amash’s argument for impeachment, calling his claims that Trump obstructed justice “baseless.”

Impeachment - Country - Office - Upheaval - Country

“You further know that impeachment would tear this country apart if it went through and he was removed from office,” she said. “It would cause a political upheaval in this country...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!