Mother of Danielle Jones urges authorities to keep her killer behind bars

Mail Online | 5/30/2019 | Andy Dolan for the Daily Mail
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/30/21/14167714-0-image-a-35_1559249651758.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/03/07/8940234372596646653/1024x576_MP4_8940234372596646653.mp4

The mother of murdered schoolgirl Danielle Jones yesterday called for her killer to remain behind bars – unless he reveals where he buried the teenager.

Linda Jones, 59, has backed the introduction of 'Helen's Law', which would make it harder for killers to win parole unless they tell the police what happened to their victims.

Law - Helen - McCourt - Insurance - Clerk

The proposed law is named after Helen McCourt, a 22-year-old insurance clerk who was murdered in 1988. Her killer, Ian Simms, has never revealed the location of her body.

Similarly, Danielle's killer is just two years away from being eligible for parole, but has never revealed what happened to the 15-year-old.

Builder - Stuart - Campbell - Danielle - Uncle

Builder Stuart Campbell was Danielle's uncle through marriage and was jailed for life for her murder in 2002 – a year after she disappeared while walking to her school bus in East Tilbury, Essex. He was 44 at the time of Danielle's murder.

Her mother, who still lives in the area, does not want Campbell released unless he breaks his silence – but fears he never will.

Mrs - Jones - Campbell - Daughter - Body

Mrs Jones said that although she doesn't think Campbell will give up her daughter's body, the new legislation gives her some small hope.

Mrs Jones added: 'A big part of us thinks we won't ever know but it gives us a chance.

Affects - Lot - Thing - Somewhere

'It affects me quite a lot as the one thing that really disturbs me is not knowing where she is. I felt like she is just discarded and that is heartbreaking. I need to know where she is, I need to put her somewhere.'

She added: 'To us it is almost like when someone dies you have that interim period before a funeral – we have had nearly 18 years...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care