Jesus Christ and Blessed Josefa Menendez -- The Introduction Of The Eucharist

catholicclassics88.blogspot.com | 2/22/1923 | Staff
chicana948chicana948 (Posted by) Level 3
As is often the case, God reveals Himself or otherwise bestows special blessings on those we might not think of as being very significant. Sister Josefa was one such person. She was by all accounts humble and yet quite good natured in performing her tasks at the convent in which she resided.

Our Lord singled out Sister Josefa for some very important work, to articulate His thoughts about His religious and about humanity as a whole, and to help Him save souls in reparation for their sins.

Jesus - Graces - Moments - Him - Cell

Jesus gave her many graces and many wonderfully transcendent moments with Him when He would show up in her cell at various times. However, as with other religious and laity alike, he also allowed her to experience great suffering, in atonement for sinners.

She accepted these trials willingly and lovingly nonetheless. Our Lord, mindful of her love and her sacrifices, took her to our true home, Heaven, at the age of 33 in December of 1923.

Jesus - Heart - Sister - Josefa - Occasions

Jesus opened His heart to Sister Josefa on many occasions. Often he would show up in her cell and ask her to start writing down His words. Early on, in June of 1921, he told her “Remember My words and believe them. My Heart has but one desire, which is to enclose you in It, to possess you in My love, then to make of your frailty and littleness a channel to convey mercy to many souls who will be saved by your means. I will reveal to you the burning secrets of My Heart, and they will be for the good of many souls. I want you to write and to keep all I say to you. It will be read when you are in Heaven.”

It was her very “littleness” as He called it, that made her such...
(Excerpt) Read more at: catholicclassics88.blogspot.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!