Lucy Mecklenburgh details her 10-year struggle of feeling 'ashamed' of her bloated tummy

Mail Online | 5/29/2019 | Connie Rusk For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/29/22/14121998-0-image-a-28_1559166206077.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/07/05/3804573705459709759/1024x576_MP4_3804573705459709759.mp4

Lucy Mecklenburgh has revealed the reason why she shared a candid snap of her bloated stomach on Instagram this week, after 10 years of feeling 'ashamed'.

In an exclusive chat with MailOnline, the reality star, 27, opened up about her secret health condition, how it made her feel like a 'bad role model' for her Results With Lucy fitness empire and why she's 'disappointed' with Love Island's lack of body diversity.

Lucy - Abs - Figure - Clothes - Stomach

Lucy, who is best known for her sculpted abs and gym-honed figure, said she would hide behind floaty clothes and couldn't understand why her stomach would swell up.

Speaking at the launch of her Results With Lucy app on Tuesday, she said: 'It’s something that I’ve dealt with nearly every day.

Part - God

'I guess part of me thought "god, what is this?", I was ashamed and embarrassed.'

'A lot of the time, especially when I go away, I just hide under floaty clothes because it’s really uncomfortable and it doesn’t feel very nice. '

Bottom - Fitness - Website - Role - Model

'I never really got to the bottom of it and I guess having a fitness website I thought "maybe I’m a bad role model for it, maybe I’m not a good advert for it".

After ten years of secretly struggling with the condition, she decided to share a video of her stomach looking swollen and painful on Instagram.

Role - Model - People

'Actually I realised it’s the reverse- I’m a bad role model by not telling people and not being completely honest.

'So I thought "no I want to talk about it" and uploaded the video.'

TOWIE - Star - Post - Messages - Fans

After the former TOWIE star uploaded the post, she was swarmed with messages from fans who praised her for being honest, while sharing their own personal plights.

She said: 'The response has been amazing, I have thousands of DMs, my phone literally died when I went through my DMs....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!